Are you planning to let out your home for an ‘open house format’ before you finally move out? Given the current market demand, that is indeed a great idea. However, do connect with your packers and movers service providers and ensure they cooperate throughout the process. For the uninformed hovering over this page, in real estate terms – the open house is when you physically move out of the home but leave the house as it is for potential buyers to have a look before they decide on buying out your home.
Also, in this case, the packers and movers service providers that you will hire will wait to act. Rather, only when you are done with the open house will they pack the things accordingly and leave out those things that are put on sale. Not quite clear? Let’s help you through this –
What is an open house in real estate terms?
Technically speaking, it is a specified period during which a house ‘put on sale’ is open for viewing by potential buyers. In this case, the house, unlike normal conditions, is not vacated completely. The furniture and other associated products are not left out. Rather, the house is presented in the form of a ‘home’ to ensure that the buyers get a fair idea of the ‘look’ of the house before they can set up their minds.
According to independent data from the National Association of Realtors, almost 47% of house owners currently prefer this format of sale. The returns have been high, and that too within a short span of time.
How does it work in terms of sales?
As a novice to this market, understand that – the business of property sales in an illiquid market with a range of dissimilar products is a challenging task. Hence, through the open market concept, the seller’s agent allows the buyers to walk through, get a hint of what their ‘home’ in the future might look like, and decide on the potential investment.
Mostly, the dates are set for weekends, and the guests are welcomed with drinks and refreshments as well.
Assuming you have been with us till now, let’s give you a glimpse of the role of packers and movers in this scenario.
What is the role of packers and movers?
It is quite natural that when moving out of your home, you would hire the services of packers and movers. However, if you have signed an agreement with your agent of holding what is known as an open house in real estate terms, then you can request your service provider to work in tandem with the realtor and only move the goods out when the showcasing process is over.
Since this format of property selling has been garnering popularity in recent terms, therefore packers-movers service providers have fine-tuned their services to provide this facility to most.
How do packers and movers help you with this?
When you sign up your agreement with packers movers, you can request their special service to assist your moving as per the open house schedule. Since this format has been gaining popularity, the noted service providers have listed certain specific types of services –
- Setting up the date after the open house is over. They coordinate with you, figure out the dates and the setting-up time and move out your household goods accordingly.
- They also provide one-by-one packing up room service. In certain open houses, on the last day, realtors allow the packer-movers company to start packing the things room-by-room. When the showcasing of the rooms is over, the service providers can pack them up one by one.
- Another service that they provide is – if the potential buyers wish to keep certain goods or items (after discussion with the house owner) – then once the deal is locked, you can start packing up the rest of the items accordingly.
These are some of the newly added terms and conditions, very much in tune with real estate terms that packers and movers service providers are extending to their clients these days. Do look through the details before you finalize them as your service providers.
What should you check?
As an aware client, here are certain factors to check before you sign the relocation process agreement with them after you have set up an open house.
- Have they done this before? If yes, what was the result, and whether it is according to your satisfaction?
- Do they dispatch a specific team for this, or do they carry it out on a first-come-service-accordingly basis? Whatever their modus operandi, you must be confident of the same.
- What are the charges for this arrangement? The rate chart that you will get will include the regular amount. However, since this is a special service, what will be the additional charges, and how do you have to adjust the same?
- Lastly, you also need to check details about the general delivery of your goods. That will include – the packing materials and process that they use, the mode of transport (do you have to pay for the container, or do they have some other facility for the same), and what are the insurance agreements in case of any untoward incident during the relocation process.
Of course, you can check the details from authentic testimonials as well to get a better idea of the concerned service providers.
Can you trust Bangalore Packers-Movers for this?
Absolutely! They have been in this business for close to a decade now and are very much aware of the specifics associated with the same. Assuredly, their team of professionals deals with this process and streamlines the work according to the demands of the agents. They have proven experience in this field and hence can do the job well.
In current real estate terms, the concept of open houses has been increasingly gaining importance. More people concentrating strategically on the house’s presentation rather than merely the basic external factors make the house-selling process way more competitive. With the packers and movers services based in Bangalore cooperating particularly in this sale-off process, no wonder the whole process has become comparatively smoother.
Note: Make sure you connect with the concerned packers and movers services in Bangalore and request this facility well in advance before your moving-out date.