Moving is usually difficult when it’s raining outside. Also, moving can be a nightmare when it’s raining excessively because there is a higher risk of damaging your priceless household items if they are not packed properly. If you’re moving during the rainy season, this blog by Packers And Movers In Koramangala Bangalore offers some advice that will help you. You can make your household move trouble-free by taking the required preparations.
Tips for Moving Safely in Rainy Weather
#1 Keep an eye on the weather report
Checking the local weather forecast is the first thing you should do before making moving plans so that you can choose a day that won’t be rainy.
In India, typical downpours often end within a few hours, but in the event of cyclonic downpours, it is best to prepare ahead and postpone the move to a different date. You may properly plan everything and lessen the risks and inconveniences of relocating on a rainy day by consulting the local weather forecast or agencies like Packers And Movers In Koramangala Bangalore. Therefore, consider the weather first while choosing the best day to move your belongings.
#2 Select a Good Moving Day
Moving a residence is often not advised during the monsoon season. Choose a day to move when there is little to no possibility of rain.
Moving a house gets challenging when it is always raining outdoors. If it’s only lightly raining, however, you can put offloading the boxes into the truck for a few hours until it stops. As you wait for the rain to stop, you can finish labelling and packing the boxes. By the time the rain stops you can finish packing the boxes, and proceed with the move by loading all your belongings into the truck.
#3 Employ a Reliable Mover
Moving a house all by oneself in the rain is a difficult task. It can be exhausting to manage the entire packing and loading operation by yourself. The risk of the packages being damaged by rain or exposed to it is very significant, especially if they are not properly waterproof and secured.
Hiring an experienced mover like Packers And Movers In Koramangala Bangalore will help you avoid this. All the essential equipment and waterproof supplies are available to their team of specialists, who guarantee that all of your goods are packed utilising multiple layers of waterproof packing materials.
#4 Ensure Items with Waterproof Packing
Moving homes in the rain can be made less dangerous by using premium, industry-standard waterproof packaging.
- Use plastic and bubble wrap to pack and store small items that can be transported without a box or to protect priceless items like fine art or antiques from moisture. Adding layers of bubble wrap or shrink wrap can also serve this exact purpose.
- Use thicker comforters or moving blankets to cover furniture to protect it from dampness and spills.
- Using Straps or Rope can be advantageous. Use bungee cords to hold any packaging in position, particularly when wrapping products in plastic or other materials.
- The electronic device needs to be covered. Make sure all of your electrical equipment are completely unplugged, wrapped in padding like bubble wrap or shrink film, and securely packed. The smaller devices often go unnoticed in a move, so double-check that your laptop, radio, and DVD player are carefully protected.
- Using trash bags to pack and transport items that are durable and can be kept dry, such as clothing, and towels.
#5 Use Additional Cover to Keep Everything Dry
The possibility of the plastic sheet being broken during the pickup and loading of the items can still exist even when using high-quality and waterproof packing material, which could be problematic.
The following advice will help you keep it dry:
- Double-check the waterproofing sheet.
- Cover the loaded cartons in the vehicle.
- Avoid setting securely sealed boxes on wet surfaces.
- Put some dry plastic tarpaulin on the truck’s surface.
- Parking the truck closer to the house will lessen exposure to the rain.
#6 Select the Appropriate Transport Vehicle
There are two different categories of trucks to choose from: open-body trucks and enclosed trucks or container trucks. Based on the size of the relocation and different truck lengths, choose the appropriate vehicle.
#7 Prepare the new house for the delivery of goods
When you initially go to your new property, line the entryway and front porch with old towels or sheets to catch any mud or water that may have gotten on your shoes before you go inside and prevents you from falling. Keep in mind that you’ll save more time by being more organised with your relocation.
It might be difficult to move a house in the rain, especially if you’re moving far away. You may significantly lower the hazards and hassles by carefully planning your move and following a few safety recommendations for moving your home in the rain.
This blog has information about packing supplies that can be used, the best sort of vehicle to use, how to move your house safely in the rain, and more. You can also hire a reputable moving company that is efficient like Packers And Movers In Koramangala Bangalore, to take care of all the packing and moving chores for you.